This is the second year that I've attended this event and I hope to make it an annual one! It's such fun to see everybody dressed up and working on/exhibiting different crafts from that age. It's quite inclusive as well - one can dress up from any time period or country from the medieval period. Walking around, I saw your typical men in armor and fair maidens that you would imagine being at a medieval faire, but I also saw samurais, wenches, Shakespearean-type characters, pirates, and one VERY scantily clad fairy (I kid you not, she was dressed in a white mini skirt, a white bra, and fairy wings). Obviously, anything goes. Although thankfully, none of the people who are actually a part of the society that put this on were dressed up that way.
Anyway, it was great fun and I appreciated that the venue was actually in the town of Port Gamble this year rather than on the outskirts. I liked the set-up better. Adam and my friend Dana came along, as well as her dogs Fred and Yuna. Adam was a good sport to come, but I know that the dogs were the only thing that kept him sane that day!
Anyway, enjoy the pictures!
Adam, me and Yuna watching the joust.
Fred (in the left corner) and Dana.
Come now Adam, it's not that horrible!
Some of the tourists playing at sword-fighting.
Woot for jousting!
Some of the aptly dressed participants.
My knight in shining armor??
2 comments:
COLONA!!! Wow long time no see! It was so fun to see your comment and come to your blog and see what your up to! Thanks so much for saying hi, it was good to hear from you through the world of blogging :)
That looks like so much fun- have you ever done the medival times in Vegas??
Post a Comment