Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Quick Update

Well, I am sorry to all of my readers for my slow updates. Honestly, our lives carry on in such a regular fashion that I rarely feel like I have a lot of news to share. I'm sure that will change once Claire comes as I'll be posting pictures and comments about everything she does! :) I mean, she already is the highlight of my life!

Speaking of which, the pregnancy continues to go well. I just have 3 days left of the 2nd trimester! I had my test for gestational diabetes and anemia a couple of weeks ago - no diabetes, thank goodness, but I am a bit anemic. My doctor had me start taking an extra iron supplement and I have to go get my blood retested in a few weeks. However, getting my iron count back up should be a pretty easy fix - I'm just glad I don't have to deal with diabetes!

I started to feel Claire move back at the end of May, but around the beginning of July, I started being able to see her move from the outside. It's been so much fun to watch my stomach bounce a little when she kicks or moves around. For the most part, the movements have been sporadic and jerky, but sometimes she finds a specific place she really likes and stays there. It's not an unpleasant feeling, but once she's there too long, it doesn't feel wonderful either, so I move around so that maybe she'll change positions. I realized last week that I probably have felt her have the hiccups a few times - either that or she has an amazing sense of rhythm when she kicks! And just this morning, I actually felt a part of her slide past one part of my belly - that was a weird sensation! Ever since I was little, I loved to feel babies move inside the womb, so it's been super awesome for me to feel my own baby moving around. Of course, the downside has been that now that I can feel her move, I rely on it way too much. If she's having a low-key day and doesn't move around much, I tend to freak out and get nervous that something is wrong, so then I have to talk myself down and realize that babies have lazy days too. :) However, I have decided that she is stubborn - I was in Idaho this past weekend for a family reunion, and she only moved enough for my mom and sister to feel - everyone else missed out! I'm sure she was feeling the effects of all of the traveling, but once I got back to the airport to wait for my flight, she started moving like crazy again! What a pill! (Even as I say it, can you not just hear the pride in my voice? :) )

I'm so excited for Claire to be here, and being around my little nephew this weekend got me all the more excited! Only 13 1/2 weeks to go! Adam and I start our childbirth classes in about two weeks, and we've started to look around at cribs and other items. I've had a couple of friends at work give me baby clothes and some other items, which I am very grateful for! This is all just so exciting! Can it be October already?

In other exciting news, Adam only has 3 1/2 weeks left of school! Then he will be an official University of Washington graduate with a business degree! We are both so excited! He is currently looking for part-time work to go along with his full-time job as soon as he graduates, so our schedules won't change much, but he'd much rather be working than be in school. I'm so grateful to him that he is willing to take on extra work so that I can be home with the baby more!

Well, I think that's about it for now. As soon as I get pictures from this weekend's trip, I'll post them. I also have the "obligatory" pregnancy picture to post as well - I finally started looking noticeably pregnant in the last couple of weeks! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

I am so excited for you! Feeling the baby move is awesome- and yes, I think everyone freaks a little whent he baby isn't moving as much as some days! I am so glad everything is going so well!!!

The Thornleys said...

So glad you updated! I've been wondering how things were going!

Kara said...

Congratulations! Graduating is so exciting!
What part of Idaho did you go to? We have some awesome places to have reunions.