Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good Times with the Family!

So, to backtrack a bit, one of my biggest vacations this summer was a trip to Utah to see my family. It was great to see them all and spend some quality time. I also was able to attend the Bennett reunion, which was great as always, and so wonderful to see so many relatives! As usual, we all amused ourselves by lounging around camp and chatting, playing some games, and of course, getting in the water! We didn't have an all-out water fight like usual, but several of the guys did take advantage of a huge watering trough filled with ice-cold spring water that was just up the hill from our camp. I also took advantage of the goodness by pouring some of the water onto my head - I'm telling ya, Nevada really should not be visited in the summer! Thankfully, it rained a bit on the second day we were there and so was bearable. The northwest has definitely made a wuss out of me when it comes to extreme weather, although I do have to say that I never really enjoyed hot, sunny days!

On the last night of the reunion, my dad gave us all a bit of a scare - he woke up in tons of pain and my uncle and mom rushed him to the hospital in Delta - about 100 miles away! Also, we had no phone service, so none of us had any idea what was going on until the next day. It turns out, he had a kidney stone. No fun! It was kinda weird for me to leave my family with my dad in the hospital, but we were all glad that he was okay!

Anyway, I was able to visit with Adam's parents and brother Joseph on the way back home, so it was great to see them too. It's always hard to leave the family, but it sure was great to get back to Seattle.



Me and Kearsten showing off our great coloring skills!
Of course, no trip would be complete without a game of LOTR with Stetson and Dalton!
Dalton got some fake tatoos and thought it would be great to use them all at once. He even made the pirate lady on his stomach talk with such phrases as "Boo!" and "Arrrrgghh!"
Some of the boys enjoying a cold dip on a hot day - I think the water may have been a bit too cold!
This is where we ended up taking a last photo before I left - we all yelled out "Kidney Stones!" as the picture was taken. Of course, dad wasn't in the picture - poor guy was curled up in his hospital bed!

No comments: