Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 4th Anniversary!

Last Wednesday my sweetheart and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we headed off to British Columbia for 4 days and stayed in a B&B in a seaside town called Sechelt. It was so beautiful, and extremely relaxing! The B&B is right on the water, and we had the most gorgeous view from our room! You could hear the waves all the time, which lulled me to sleep.
It was great to get away for a few days, and we live in such a freaking beautiful place! Seriously, the northwest coast is amazing!
On a more funny note, when we left, we had to take a ferry to get back to Vancouver, and we waited for over 3 hours to get on one. Then, it took us 1 1/2 hours to get through the Canada-U.S. border. Good grief! We left our hotel at 11 a.m. and got home at 10 p.m., even though the actual drive straight through should only take about 4 hours. We are both extremely happy that we had books and such with us!
It was a great trip. Alas, it is back to work and normal life. Until next year...


Our room at The Four Winds B&B
The balcony & view from our room - awesome!
A view of the coastline from our room - isn't it gorgeous?
A final picture before we leave - happy 4th my sweetheart!
Riding on the ferry....at last!

3 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad you started a blog.. I think they are great to stay in touch!

I love the B&B you stayed at it was beautiful! Happy 4th!

The Thornleys said...

Hey Girl, It's been forever. Glad to see you have one of these!! I think their great.. Keep it updated and keep in touch!!

Megan said...

Hey! I found you on tasha's blog so hope you don't mind me peeking in but i just wanted to say hi and let you know that im totally jealous that you live in seatle! brandon and i always talk about making the trek up there one day... good to see you.
Hope all is still well!