I think the title says it all. What changes, you may ask? Well...!
1. No more graduate school. :( :) Even though I was very excited about this possibility, Adam and I had decided that I would begin the process, while at the same time being prayerful about it. Such a decision is HUGE, and we knew we'd be led in the right direction. A couple of weeks ago we both started discussing it and realized that neither of us felt that it was the right decision right now. It was quite an amazing experience - to put into practice the concept of making a choice, and counseling with the Lord. Then, to receive your answer. It really works! And regardless of how much I wanted to go to school, I have felt completely at peace with the decision not to. I'm not sure why I shouldn't be going now, but I'm sure glad someone does and let us know!
2. End of job #2. For the past several months, I have been working part-time at Adam's office - processing paperwork mostly. It's been a great thing to have the extra money and to help Adam out, but my last day is Friday and I am really looking forward to it. Although it's difficult for me to admit it (because I think I am Superwoman and can do it all), I'm really looking forward to just having one job and taking time to do other things. I've really neglected other goals the past few months and I'm looking forward to getting back to those. However, it's been a great experience having this job and I'll always be thankful for it!
3. Gardening! Okay, so I LOVE to garden. I've loved it since I was young - it's SO therapeutic. I've not had my own garden since I lived at my parents' house, but the house we rented in September has a yard! I've been anxiously awaiting spring all year! The last few days have been getting gradually warmer (although apparently it's supposed to snow again in a couple of days - boo!) and the stores are setting out gardening stuff. While shopping on Saturday, Adam practically had to drag me out of the gardening section. I'm going to plant several veggies, lots of flowers, as well as herbs such as lavender, cilantro, parsley, mint and who knows what else in my little herb garden! We're going to get a little barbecue and some lawn furniture and a little outdoor fountain. Oh the plans! Come on spring!
4. Less school for Adam! Poor guy has been taking three classes this quarter AND working full-time - it's about done him in. Thankfully, he is done in about two weeks, and then he'll be down to two classes for the next quarter and only away from me two nights a week instead of four! I'm so glad!
5. Even though I'm not going to graduate school, that won't stop me from studying on my own! I always enjoy reading books on different subjects, but I've always really loved the structure of school. So, last week I uploaded some old course syllabi from the good ol' U of U for some History courses I'm interested in. I'm going to purchase the books and read along as if I'm in the class. Hurray!
6. Finally, it's time to get back into the exercising! I've been horrible at this lately, but it's time to rededicate myself so I can get my body back to that lovely 125 I've been dreaming of...
There it is! Adam and I both are really looking forward to the upcoming changes and very happy about recent ones. Life is GREAT!
Thing 2 of 642: A Houseplant is Dying...
12 years ago
3 comments:
Bummer about school, but it's great when you can see some sort of gospel principle in action in your life!
I love see what you guys are up to.
The Lord works in mysterious ways, but it's nice to know that He has our best interest in mind.
I can totally relate to the whole SPRING FEVER thing. I've been looking for spring for two months now!
Good Luck with everything.
Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now...you wanna come to my house and garden? I've got a spare room so I could totally set you up with room and board for the trip:)
Post a Comment