The biggest news is that Adam passed his winter quarter with flying colors (well, much higher colors than expected). I am so proud of him! He had a horrible quarter what with three classes and work being quite busy. He's an amazing man and I think he's absolutely wonderful! No matter how stressed he got, he always had time for me and wanted to make me happy. It's weird to think that spring quarter is already upon us - classes start next week. We've come up with a fun plan though - he has classes just twice a week, so on those two days, I'm going up to campus with him! I'll hang in the library or the lounge and read, write, or whatever. Maybe I'll just fall asleep like I so often did in the Marriot Library while at the U... Anyway, now Adam just has about a year left of business school - he's so excited to be done!
So, it's FINALLY spring! Although I love the rain, I've really been craving the sunny days lately so that I can go work out in my garden. Last Saturday, Adam took me to a nursery and I was like a kid at Disneyland. Oh it makes me so happy! I came home that afternoon and mowed our lawn, mixed some compost with the dirt in one of our vegetable beds and planted some peas. I haven't been out since due to rain or other activities, so I'm really getting antsy to get back out there. Saturday evening, Adam came out and watched me trimming the edges of the grass and he asked me if I was still excited about the prospect of gardening all summer. Are you kidding? Working in the yard is like therapy for me! I love it that my baby likes to make me so happy - he was so pleased to see me glowing like I was!
Earlier this month, Adam's sister Kyrenia and her husband Alex came up to visit us. We love it when they come to visit - we always have such a great time together. We rented a beach house in Sequim (near Port Angeles) and read, watched tv and ate junk food all weekend. Needless to say, we were all angry with ourselves on Sunday when we were sick from all of the bad eating. Darn girl scout cookies! We took the long way home on Sunday and went up to Deception Pass - it's so beautiful there! Who am I kidding - it's beautiful everywhere up here! It was fun to explore one of the islands and see some new places. We were sad to see them go, but I'll be seeing them again in a couple of months when I come down to Utah. I'll also get to see my new little neice that Kyrenia is expecting in a few weeks. Yay!
Now, if I can just get the pictures to load, then you will have more of a visual presentation. :)
Hey - it worked!
The view from the bridge at Deception Point out to the Pacific.
Looking up at the bridge from the park below
Adam, Kyrenia and Alex exploring the rocky coastline
Even though it looks like I'm right by the water, these rocks dropped straight down behind me about 30 or so feet to the water. I made Adam nervous in this picture - he hates heights.
Alex, Kyrenia, me and Adam out in the yard of our beach house. Isn't Kyrenia so cute with her big tummy?And finally, what would a post about spring be without some gardening pictures?
These are the "before" pictures. Notice how long the grass is and my tools ready to go!
The vegetable patches. The one furthest away now has peas planted on one side. Now if I can just keep the rodents away...
This is the orchid that sits up front at work by my desk. I'm so proud of it - it now has six blossoms - almost seven. It's been really fun to watch it bloom.
My African Violet - also at work. For awhile, I thought it was going to die because these plants love the sun and I got it for Christmas - bad timing! However, I eventually put it under a florescent light by my desk and it has thrived! It probably has about 20 blossoms on it now and a much deeper purple than the picture shows.
5 comments:
I speak from experience here - keeping orchids and African violets alive and thriving no less is definitely something to be proud of! Excellent work.
I'm impressed, especially after reading Bethany's testimony to your green thumb! Bring on the spring :o)
The pics are beautiful, I'm so happy they loaded for you. I can't wait for Spring to really be here...we had snow yesterday. Anyways, hope all is well with you guys!
I love your posts- it also helps that when you name the town's names it brings back Twilight memories :) ha ha I know I have OCD (obsessive CULLEN disorder) it's true I don't deny it!
I want Scottie to take me up there so we can tour the area so I'll keep you posted maybe we can get together for dinner or something that would be sooooo much fun!
Congrats to your hubby- school is rough especially when you are working as well!
I can't believe what a little gardener you are! I'm jealous. I can't even keep a poinsettia alive (my mom's always last until February and then she still has to throw it away because it's alive and thriving... I'm lucky if it makes it home alive :) Maybe a cactus wont be so bad- I'll let yo know when I move to AZ ha ha)
Thanks for posting!
Lovin the orchid. It's loverly. I"m sooo overdue for a visit. Don't worry - I'm planning it. Seattle or nothin.
Post a Comment