Sunday, April 19, 2009

Say Hello To Uncle Adam and Aunt MiKail!

Yes, we are officially an aunt and uncle! Adam's sister Kyrenia gave birth to a healthy little girl this afternoon. We are so thrilled! We've been getting regular updates from Adam's parents, and both mother, baby (and father :)) all seem to be doing great! Although I haven't heard officially, the planned name for the baby is Aelinor (pronounced Eleanor). Our congratulations to Alex and Kyrenia! It's times like these that I wished so much that we lived closer to family - we were sorely tempted to hop into our car this morning and drive down to Utah just to see her! Oh well, we'll see her in about a month, which will be good.

All other news seems rather small - Adam and I have been calling Kyrenia every few days and emailing her to see how she has been doing. What's fairly humorous is that we spoke to her just last night - she had just gotten home from having dinner with some friends and was feeling just fantastic. Then, she ended up going to the hospital around midnight - funny how quickly these things happen when it's time!

I do have a couple of other tidbits - Adam and I are planning to move when our lease is up in August. As we are working towards adoption, we've decided it would probably be best to live in a larger place. Our plan has been to visit a different apartment complex each weekend so that we have plenty of time to check things out. Well, yesterday, we're quite positive we found the place we'll be living - it's an apartment complex in Bothell that is very well cared for and very quiet! It has a big pond with a fountain in the middle and plenty of open space and forested areas. We're looking at either a 2 bedroom one level or a 2 bedroom townhouse style. Both have either a slider door that goes out onto the grass, or a balcony, so at least I can do some sort of gardening there! We'll see what's available in August, but we're pretty hooked! Of course, I think we'll still look around just to be sure, but we're both feeling pretty good about the idea at the moment. Although I think our little house is adorable and I love our yard, it was really hard for us to come home and realize we can't move right now. All in good time, and besides, I have a garden to grow this summer!

Speaking of which, it's been a beautiful spring day today, so here's some pictures of how my little garden is progressing...



They're hard to make out, but the bits of green are my spinach that I planted a couple of weeks ago - they've just come up in the last couple of days!


My peas - up close. It looks like I'm going to need to thin them soon!

The whole row of peas...

Blooms on the tree by our driveway - most of the trees are in bloom right now and it's beautiful!

Check out that blue sky! It's making more of an appearance lately!

It's been a beautiful weekend - in fact, as I speak I'm sitting outside, enjoying the fresh air. I'm so excited for spring/summer to be here!

5 comments:

The Thornleys said...

Congatulations on being an Aunt. It is always great to hear someone call you "Aunt..." That's fun that you are moving. Looks like everything is going great.. Glad to hear it..

-::bee::- said...

Congratulations! They've chosen a beautiful name.

And congratulations on the little shoots breaking ground! You must be so proud.

Shanna said...

Congrats Auntie MiKail and Uncle Adam! That is so exciting! Your little garden is so cute, I really wish I had the green thumb you do. I have no idea what to do with my yard, and I generally hate yardwork!

It all started with a Kiss... said...

Congrats on becoming an Aunt!!! Keep us posted on how the home hunting goes, sounds exciting and also the whole adoption thing too!!! How serious are you two looking? What agency are you working with? If you can't tell I'm REALLY EXCITED for you two!!!

LY, and GOOD LUCK!!!

Andrea Jolene said...

Aw an Auntie. Perfect moment for alliteration. Snort. I'm such a dork. Congrats!