So, now that I've apologized for slacking and introduced you to our Mikka, I'm now going to travel back in time over a month ago...
On August 6th, a day I had been looking forward to with great anticipation for months, my family (sans Kearsten and crew) arrived in Seattle. Their flight arrived around 9 a.m. that morning and I was anxiously awaiting them in our rental van. It was so exciting to see them on the curb at the airport! After many hugs, we were on our way...to the nearest hotel parking lot where we let Mikka out to go to the bathroom and a couple of members of the family went seeking their own bathroom indoors. My younger brothers had quite a laugh about how much Mikka was watering the ground, although I can't blame her. She'd been on a flight for two hours and was pretty much scared out of her mind!
After arriving back at our cottage, the family slept/watched a movie while I packed bags for Adam and I. It was really quite humorous to see all six of us crowded in that little space. A couple of hours later, Adam arrived home, so we went and ate some lunch and were on our way.
A quick note to all of my readers - if the detail bores you, I apologize. This blog also serves as a type of journal for me, so I want to remember the details... :)
Anyway, the ferry ride was fun as usual and it was really great to see everyone's reactions to the ride. Adam stayed in the car below with Mikka and the rest of us went on top. It's amazing how cold that ocean breeze can be - even on an August day, we were all standing behind the glass most of the time so that the wind was blocked. I had noticed on a previous trip that it's really cool to watch as the ferry pulls into the dock, so I showed that to my family and then we walked off while Adam drove off.
Of course, being in Kingston, I had to stop and get a crepe. The rest of the family had eaten in Seattle, but I was waiting for that crepe. Then we walked up a block to eat some of the best ice cream I've ever had - seriously, why does all of this amazing food have to be a ferry ride away? It certainly makes for an expensive lunch, and yes, I have gone over there just for crepes and ice cream before. :) The family seemed pretty down with the ice cream as well though, which I was glad for because I had talked so much about it!
After Kingston, there was a bunch of driving. And driving. And driving. It's a beautiful drive though and I was so glad to see that at least my parents and older brother seemed to enjoy it as much as Adam and I do. Finally, we arrived at our destination - a cute three bedroom rental home about 12 miles south of Forks. Oh, we did have to stop and take a picture by the Forks sign. My mom is an aide at an elementary school and so she wanted a picture to show the girls there that she had been to Forks. As usual, there was at least one other car there stopped to take a picture as well. My my, the alure of handsome, perfect, every teenage girl's dream vampires... :)
Ahem, I digress. Anyway, the place we stayed was pretty awesome. It's right off the highway and surrounded by a large lawn, and then, trees upon trees. A little further back from the house lies the Sol Duc river. Very beautiful.
At some point that evening, dad, mom, Adam and I drove back to Forks to get some groceries, and the rest of the night was spent chatting and watching movies.
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures for this post. I thought I had a few, but have come to realize that the pictures for the first day were taken with my mom's camera, so I'll have to get those from her and add to this post later.
So, until next time, I hope you're all anxiously awaiting part 2! :)
Thing 2 of 642: A Houseplant is Dying...
12 years ago
2 comments:
The jealousy continues. When, oh when will I ever get to Forks?
I'm awaiting part II and I can't wait to visit forks either (I just finished the twilight saga, yet again... in anticipation to New Moon coming out next month... of course!)
Post a Comment