Due to a missing camera cord, a laptop badly infected by at least one virus, and the fact that my busy student husband is almost always using his laptop, it has been far too long since I've posted. Tomorrow, I have high hopes that I will finally be able to post some holiday photos and give some updates about the past month's exciting happenings.
For now; however, I just want to say what an awesome, albeit long, day it has been. Adam and I have been sitting for hours - first for a 5 hour adoption training course, and then for a 1.5 hour stake conference adult session. Our bottoms are sore, our stomachs and heads hurt...well, let's just say we hurt all over from the general lack of movement. However, it was well worth it. I am so grateful for opportunities like these where we learn new things and are uplifted.
The adoption training was a course on gaining a greater understanding of what birth parents go through. Although we've learned a lot of this in previous conferences, there were of course some new things to learn. More than anything, this was especially good for me since I have been struggling with the adoption idea since we attended our last conference. I think the biggest reason for this is the fact that I will not have complete control in an adoption, and this has been a big fear for me to try to get over. The training today really helped me to feel better about my concerns, and reaffirmed for both of us that this is a good path for us to pursue. We've been struggling with getting our paperwork done, and this has given us the extra push we needed to keep on going.
As for the stake conference session, I can't say that we were thrilled to go, but we knew we should, so away we went. There were two area Seventies visiting, and we just love when that happens. It's so wonderful to be taught by leaders of the Church. It's truly inspiring when the talks build on each other and really get us to think about the changes we'd like to make in our lives. To top it all off, we finished by singing one of my favorite hymns, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives". It's such a beautiful song - not just the message, but the fervor with which it is sung. It is truly an amazing thing to be able to sing your testimony!
Thing 2 of 642: A Houseplant is Dying...
12 years ago
1 comment:
I hear you about the control thing. Of course, it's not like pregnant women feel super in-control all the time, either, so I suppose life will just always have it's challenges.
That paperwork is a pain, no?
Post a Comment