Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Hodge Podge Blog

Merry Christmas everyone! I can't believe there's only twelve more days until the big day! I love this time of the year, despite the craziness, and I've been trying very hard to get everything done early so that I can really relax and enjoy the days leading up to Christmas. So far, so good. All I have left to do is to ship some presents down to Utah and mail off my Christmas cards.

Last Friday was the company party for my office and it went really well. I was rather stressed leading up to it because I was in charge of ordering all the awards and sending out the invitations. I was also nervous to give a speech before presenting my bosses with their awards, but I think it went well and I'm just glad it's over. Now I can go back to work tomorrow and focus on catching up on everything I put on hold in November...

Not only do I love December because of the holiday spirit, but it's also a great time to reflect back on the past year and look at what I've accomplished, or not. :) It's fun to think what you were doing/where you were going a year ago, but it's also fun to look forward and wonder where you'll be next year. I love setting New Year's resolutions - as to whether or not I keep them is an entirely different matter! Many times in past years I've waited to make resolutions until actual New Year's Eve, which leads to massive lists of goals with really no plan to enforce them. This past month, I've really tried to think a lot about the things I want to accomplish next year and I hope this approach will help me to develop better plans to keep my goals.

In looking forward, I also wonder what the next year will bring to me and my family that I can't control. What new blessings and trials will come our way? Regardless of what may come, I know that we'll always be taken care of and that things will work out as they should. I'm very grateful for that knowledge. As long as we do our best, we'll be okay.

Adam's now done with fall quarter at school and we're both looking forward to two weeks that are a little less hectic than normal. I'm really looking forward to actually being home in the evenings during the work week so that we can take care of some outstanding projects here.

My camera has been "out of order" for awhile now, so I apologize to my readers for the lack of pictures recently. Hopefully I'll have some to share in the next couple of weeks. Until then, here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

-::bee::- said...

I liked your comment, "As long as we do our best, we'll be okay." Well put.

And a very merry Christmas to you too!