Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Most Beautiful Sound

Adam and I heard the most beautiful sound we've ever heard today - our baby's heart beat! Yes, we are having a baby!!! We are so thrilled and feel so blessed and happy! I'm at about 11 weeks and our baby is due at the end of October!

It's been a rough last few weeks - adjusting to feeling sick/fatigued/emotional most of the time has been difficult. We've also been nervous about a miscarriage. I mean, we've waited so long for this - to the point we started to think it wasn't going to happen, so I think we were both more nervous than we needed to be. I definitely learned a good lesson in faith during this time.

Regardless of all the changes and general feelings of sickness, I wouldn't trade this for anything. I've wanted so bad to be a mother and I really wanted to experience pregnancy - I am SO grateful for the opportunity! We are SO grateful for our little miracle!

11 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

You brought me to tears. I am so overwhelmingly happy for you both! I hope everything goes well for you:)

Scottie and Tasha said...

I'm so excited for you- and so happy the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is out!!! Congrats- I can't wait to see your little one!

The Thornleys said...

YAY! I've sooo been waiting for you to post this!!! Congrats!!!

Andrea Jolene said...

Congrats my friend!!

Hayden and Kelly said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! When Jacki told me you were expecting my eyes filled with tears! I am SO SO SO happy for you guys! Hang in there... pregnancy is very hard but very beautiful. This baby will change your life forever. In ways you never thought possible. It's the hardest job ever but nothing is MORE rewarding than having a kiss, a hug, or a smile from your babe. Even when Danzer naps and I look at his little shoes, or find a toy, or a cracker somewhere, or his socks in the garbage it almost makes me cry! They are just amazing amazing little creatures... straight from HEAVEN! Love you so much and am SOOOO happy for you!

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Congrats to you both! I found the link to your blog (I hope you don't mind) and couldn't help but comment.
You guys will make great parents.

Janetta said...

The most beautiful sound indeed! Congratulations!

emilybolles said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats! I delivered at the UW hospital both times and really liked it. I've heard a lot of really good things about Evergreen as well. I hope you start feeling better soon.

emilybolles said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats! I delivered at the UW hospital both times and really liked it. I've heard a lot of really good things about Evergreen as well. I hope you start feeling better soon.

-::bee::- said...

As I told you before, you made my day. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! we are so excited for you both and hope that all goes well with your pregancy. I found a link to your blog. (I hope you don't mind)

Steeny