Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Month Down...

Well, it's been a month since we first heard our baby's heart beat, and things continue to go well. We've had our 3rd appointment, and we will find out the sex of the baby on June 1st! Hopefully... maybe the baby will decide to be shy. :)

I'm finally feeling the effects of the glorious 2nd trimester that everyone kept telling me about. After my morning sickness left, I was having some serious digestive tract problems - seriously, everything was so messed up! However, after a discussion with my doctor last week, I've found some remedies for that and I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER!

I'm starting to get a baby bump - in all honesty, it doesn't look like much more than the pudge I had before, but it is harder and more defined now. At my last appointment, I measured right on - 15 cm. at 15 weeks.

In other news, the weather has finally decided it's springtime, and it's been glorious. Last Saturday, Adam and I ate outside by the waterfront in Edmonds at a fish restaurant called Anthony's. Then, we took Mikka to the dog park where she could roam free and play with the other dogs. I have truly turned into a pasty - we were outside for maybe 2 hours tops, and I got sunburned! I better start using that sunblock... Hopefully the good weather holds - I'm looking forward to long walks in the evening and using the community swimming pool after Memorial Day!

Adam, being the incredibly sweet guy that he is, told me last week that he wanted to give me something for Mother's Day. Whatever I wanted to do, we'd do it. So, I elected to have our special meal after church that day - crackers with sausage and cheese and strawberries dipped in chocolate. So yummy! Oh, and asparagus!

I've also started reading to the baby at night - I don't think he/she can hear my voice yet, but will be able to soon, so I might as well start now. And guess what I've been reading? The National Geographic. Yes, my baby will know from the start that he/she has a nerd for a mother! I'm sure I will also be mixing in readings from random history books and some Chinese as I practice it. If I'm reading it anyway, I might as well read it out loud, eh?

Time does fly. The first few weeks of pregnancy seemed to drag because I was nervous and anxious to meet certain milestones. Now, however, I'm blown away that I'm nearly at 16 weeks!

Speaking of time flying by, I'm headed down to Emery County to visit my family next week. My brother Davin is leaving for the MTC in early June, so I'm headed to all of the happenings and festivities. I'm so excited to see everyone! So, next post, I should have some pictures and stories to share!

Until then...

2 comments:

The Thornleys said...

How exciting for you right now!!! Hopefully I can see you while you are down!!!

Kara said...

I didn't know you were learning Chinese. That's fun.
Congrats on feeling better.